Remote Learning for 3/4:
Your child’s remote learning pack consists of:
- 1 lined workbook
- 1 unlined project book
- 6 ‘Just Right’ books for your child
- A pencil case with writing pencils, a ruler, coloured pencils, glue and textas
- Hardcopies of all individual logins
- Please complete independent reading for a minimum of 20 minutes per day.
- Students will be reading the supplied ‘Just Right’ books.
- Students will keep a daily log of their reading and write reading responses in their project books.
- Response prompts can be found under ‘Reader’s Workshop’ on Google Classroom.
- Please complete independent writing for a minimum of 45 minutes per day.
- Each day, students will complete a 5-10-minute focus lesson found under ‘Writer’s Workshop’ on Google Classroom.
- The remainder of writing will be independent. Students will complete a personal journal entry in the back of their writing book.
- Any additional independent writing work posted on Google Classroom.
- Please complete maths for a minimum of 45 minutes per day.
- Maths learning will consist of 5-10-minute lessons or warm up activities.
- The rest of the session will either be students working on pre-assigned Mathletics content or answering questions in their project books.
- Daily requirements will be posted under ‘Math’s Workshop’ on Google Classroom.
- Students will be completing an independent project on Growth Mindsets.
- Students can find resources under ‘Inquiry’ on Google Classroom.
- Please complete spelling for 30 minutes a day.
- For the first 15 minutes of spelling, students will be practising their SMART spelling words. This can be copying their words, using the sounding out template, writing them in a meaningful sentence or drawing a picture.
- Resources can be found under ‘Smart Spelling’ on Google Classroom.
- For the last 15 minutes, students will be working independently on Spellodrome.
Other useful websites:
Storyline – An online collection of books that are read to students:
Sunshine Online – An online collection of books:
Storybox – An online collection of books that are read to students:
Scholastic Online – Free online books:
Vooks – An online collection of books that are animated for students:
Epic Books – Free online books:
Khan Academy – Online Maths Resources:
Maths Playground – For educational maths games:
Brainpop Jr. – A collection of resources for additional Inquiry learning:
Year 3 Closure Pack:
Year 4 Closure Pack: